teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name... psalm 86:11

Saturday, July 16, 2011

joy

The huz is gone for the afternoon with friends, I have homemade pizza baking in the oven, and the kitchen table is cleared off (a bit of a miracle!)... It's going to be a good afternoon...
I don't know if you can relate to this- sometimes I'm so oblivious to what God is trying to teach me that he has to hit me over the head with it... over and over again... and then hit me one more time just to make sure I've got it. Sometimes it's hard lessons that are painful, but sometimes it's sweet reminders of God's presence and purpose- little reminders that He is there and does in fact care about me. I typically find that this happens through being "stalked" by one particular piece of scripture. No matter where I am, what I'm reading, or who I'm talking to, the same verse will keep popping up. Usually it's beyond creepy and too frequent to be just a coincidence. It could only logically be attributed to God knowing what a stubborn heart I have!  This afternoon it has been a good reminder, though, so I'm thankful for God's persistence. As I finally sit down and open my journal, the verse printed at the bottom of the page I'm on is Psalm 16:11.  Then I start journaling/processing through the sermon notes from church the past couple weeks... wouldn't you know, one of the first verse references is Psalm 16:11 again.  Then I open my Bible to that exact page and see Psalm 16:11 underlined... okay, okay, I got it God!  Successfully stalked again! Nothing really to expand on today- just wanted to share the sweet words that God gave me...

"...In your presence there is the fullness of joy..."  psalm 16:11

May we be reminded today that true joy only comes from acknowledging and basking in the presence of the Holy One, and nothing else will satisfy as a substitute.  What is robbing you of your joy today? And do you have the boldness to put it aside and sit at the feet of the One who wishes to fill you?

No comments:

Post a Comment